Since 2005, our founder Donna Olson, has led the Next Step while teaching full time at Everett Community College. We're blessed with an incredible staff of dedicated, self-starters whose commitment to our neighbors in need has allowed us to grow in what we think is a pretty dramatic way: 5,000 visits to our Drop-In Center last year, 13,000 meals served annually, 100 elementary students enrolled in Kidz Club, our after school program, teen moms Growing Together, and much more.
We realize that to continue serving our neighbors and growing the reach of our programs it's time for the leadership an experienced, full time Executive Director will provide.
what we've done to get ready for you...
We've spent the past several years laying the foundation for your success:
- We hired a Community Outreach / Volunteer Coordinator to raise awareness of the Next Step in our community and the response has been tremendous - 300 volunteers gave us 12,000 hours of their time last year and more than 50 businesses, churches, and community organizations partner with us.
- We're on a firm financial footing. Strong financial controls and reporting are in place and we have a committed base of donors - 80% of our donations come from multi-year donors.
- Salesforce provides robust program and outcome reporting - you'll be able to "instantly" see that in the last 60 days 64% of the 856 visitors to our Drop-In Center were homeless.
- An active, creative, enthusiastic self-starter who inspires and motivates your staff and board to reach their full potential.
- A hands-on, working Executive Director who loves to actively work in each program and willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty if that's what's required.
- A professional with years of increasing responsibility managing people and organizations.
- Passionate about helping our neighbors in need.
- Comfortable working with and helping people of all ages and socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- A great verbal and written communicator who enjoys being out in the community, sharing your passion for our work and advocating for those we serve.
- A visionary, servant leader who listens your staff and hears the needs of those we serve to discover how to lead us into the future.
- A follower of Jesus who came "not to be served but to serve" and applies that in their life and work in both word and action.
You'll find more in our Executive Director Search packet →
Application Process and Timing
Please download our Executive Director Search packet → for complete information.
Though applications received by June 15, 2017 will be given full consideration please submit your application until this position is posted as closed.
Phone interviews will be scheduled in late June.
Selected candidates will be asked to schedule a site and program visit in early July.
Finalists will be individually invited to meet with staff and Board Members.
We anticipate making our hiring decision by mid-August with a start date in early to mid-September.
Click on Documents to view and download:
Questions? email email@example.com →
Thank you for considering coming to work with us. We look forward to meeting you!