esta página al español
Take the Next Step was created to provide a reliable list of available resources for our neighbors in need. In 2005, the Next Step was just one huge three-ring notebook.This year, the Drop-In Center will have 5,000 visits! We chose our name carefully. Though we help meet immediate needs, the heart of our purpose is to form enduring, respectful relationships, and to help our clients take their own next steps. We promise you will always be welcome.
Our community resource Drop In Center is open from 10 to 5
You'll find the Next Step to be a safe, comfortable, and welcoming place. The coffee is always on and sack lunches are available most days.
Our computer center is open to everyone. Check your email, look for a new job, work on a resume, connect to resources, do your homework...
connect with Navigators for housing and more
here's Janos, better idea...
Take Action - what's your next step?
There are many ways to get involved in the Drop-In Center's work...
- volunteer to meet, greet, and help guests at the Drop-In Center
- help us with administrative and operational tasks
- donate to our emergency food pantry
- make sack lunches for our hungry clients
- warm coats and blankets are so important to our homeless clients in the winter
- it costs about $500 a day to keep the Drop-In Center open and provide our services - think about giving the gift of a day or an hour. To find out how, visit our DONATION PAGE >
- it takes a lot to keep our 100 year old building maintained...
- have special skills?
- teach classes?
- become a mentor for our clients?
- other ideas?
EMAIL US and tell us how you'd like to take action to begin offering friendship, help, and hope to our neighbors in need.
Visit our VOLUNTEER PAGE > for more information