IF YOU BECOME A STUDENT LEADER, YOU COMMIT TO...
- Maintaining the (1 Timothy 4:12) leadership expectations and values
- Being honest and transparent in your words, actions, relationships, faith, and purity
- Consistently diving into God’s Word and letting the Holy Spirit transform you
- Attending all Student Leader dinners, meetings, and trainings
- Having done the work required (ie: listening to podcasts and taking notes, reading the chapters
of the book we assign, preparing ahead of time, meeting with a mentor, ect.)
- Praying for Kidz Club and City Life, the schools around us, Monroe, yourself, your family, etc.
- Being an active participant in the Christian community at your church or MCC
- Understanding that you are held to a higher standard & remaining open to correction/accountability for Student Leaders regarding your actions, words, social media usage, clothing, etc.
WILL YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE COMMITMENTS?
Monroe High School
Park Place Middle
Hidden River Middle
Year in Leadership Program
Your Contact Phone
* Your Contact Phone
Parent / Guardian Name
* Parent / Guardian Name
Parent / Guardian Contact Number
* Parent / Guardian Contact Number
1. From your perspective, what is the purpose of the Student Leadership, and how does it impact our community?
2. Describe your current relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ.
3. Why do you want to be on the leadership team – what do you expect to gain from being a leader?
4. What do you consider your strengths – what can you offer the leadership team?
5. Currently, how do your words and actions serve as a positive role model?
6. Describe one of your personal, academic or spiritual goals for this next year? How would being a part of our Leadership Team enable you to do meet your goal?
7. Read the Bible verse 1 Timothy 4:12. Which of the five ways to set an example do you want to work on most this year? Why?
8. What other activities are you involved in? (Sports, Extracurricular Activities, Jobs, Clubs, etc.) Are you in leadership roles in any of these activities? If so – which and in what capacity? Will any of these activities cause a scheduling problem for you? If so – explain.
Commitment and Teachability Agreement
I understand that I am committing to attending every meeting, club and special event, being there on time, and having done any reading or preparation required. No exceptions, unless providentially hindered. I understand and agree that I will have to say no to important things in order to meet this commitment, and I am willing to do so. We will lay out our schedule for the year at our first student leader dinner. I will manage my other commitments around the dates selected for student leadership dates and events.
I understand that I will be given tough and honest feedback. I will do all within my power to receive this feedback in love and to learn from it. I will avoid defensiveness, knowing that when I defend, I lose the opportunity to learn. I am committing to being open to examine myself; my personality, my past, my habits, my anger, and my response to people. I want to learn. I want to change, to be more like Jesus Christ in every way.
DO YOU AGREE?
If you agree to adhere to the above statements, please type you full name below
Which day/program would you like to volunteer on?
We will try to meet your request, but position days will be based volunteer need and availability.
Mondays/MS city life
You will be contacted shortly about you leadership position.
Please complete the forms below before September 1st.